In v17.01.00, Device42 is expanding our discovery capabilities to provide you the ability to have Device42 automatically create Application Components based on discovered services and other characteristics that you specify in our new Application Component Templates. v17.01.00 also includes enhanced resource utilization discovery for storage arrays, as well as additional device support for both storage array and SNMP discovery. v17.01.00 also contains a number of bug fixes.
Application Component Templates
You can use Application Component Templates to create and define your own application components based on services discovered by Device42 Hypervisor /*nx/Windows autodiscovery jobs run against *nix and Windows platforms. Device42 adds any application components created based on your templates to the Application Components list page.
Use the fields in the Characteristics section to select which platform the autodiscovery jobs will search and the discovered Service that you want Device42 to use to create the application component. Use the fields in the Creation Rules section to specify the attributes for the created application component. Additional fields let you define Device42 Details and Custom Fields for the application component. See the Application Component Templates documentation page for more information.
Resource Utilization Summary Table Update for Storage Arrays
Resource Utilization allows for the collection and examination of resource usage metrics such as CPU, Memory, Disks, and Network. These metrics help fuel advanced business and capacity planning decisions as well as migration planning, move-group selection (via Affinity Groups), cloud target rightsizing, and support a variety of other digital transformation projects.
v17.01.00 introduces storage array performance metrics such as IOPs, read, write, and latency into the Resource Utilization (RU) Summary table. Based on vendor and storage array type, the RU summary API / DOQL will now output collected performance metrics that are being collected from the set up periodic job resource utilization intervals for the configured discovery of arrays.
Additional Storage Array Autodiscovery Support
v17.01.00 Storage Array autodiscovery now supports IBM Storewize and IBM Flash (with performance data added) arrays.
Storage Array autodiscovery jobs now also handle multiple Username/Password credentials.
Storage Array Autodiscovery Support Beta Preview
Support for autodiscovery for the following array types is currently in beta Preview phase. Please contact email@example.com to enable discovery of these array types for testing.
|CelerraDell CompellentDell EquallogicEMC ECSEMC VMAXHDS G1000HitachiHP Lefthand||LSIRecover PointTintriUCSVNXEVPLEXXTREME IO|
Storage Array Autodiscovery Beta Preview
Enhanced Device Support for SNMP Autodiscovery
v17.01.00 SNMP autodiscovery now supports the following devices:
- Calix / Calix B6 Blades
- Dell DD6300
- Dell PowerEdge R530 / R440
- Dell PowerEdge R630
- Huawei Server disk
- Netapp Model E2806
- Yamaha RTX 1200
Upcoming Cut Off Upgrade Release Notice
Our next Device42 release, v17.02.00, will be an upgrade cut off release. We are taking this step to reduce the size of our upgrade package. All customers will be required to upgrade to v17.02.00 to be able to apply future releases going forward.
- An issue in which existing AWS cloud autodiscovery jobs were sometimes not working correctly in v17.00.00 has been resolved.
- An issue in which autodiscovery of vCenter 7.0 was sometimes not working correctly in v17.00.00 has been resolved.
- An issue in which the Device42 Freshservice integration was sometimes not working correctly has been resolved.
- An issue in which the Find parent certificates in the chain option for Certificates autodiscovery jobs was sometimes not working correctly has been resolved.
- An issue in which SNMP autodiscovery sometimes returned errors for Stonegate Forcepoint NGFW has been resolved.
- An issue in which there were sometimes SNMP discovery errors for Citrix SD-WAN 2100 has been resolved.
- An issue in which SNMP autodiscovery sometimes resulted in an error for Citrix SD_WAN 2100 has been resolved.
- An issue in which SNMP autodiscovery for Citrix ISE sometimes produced only partial results has been resolved.
- An issue in which SNMP autodiscovery sometimes did not return phase readings for APC PDUs has been resolved.
- An issue in which Storage Array autodiscovery sometimes did not return the correct model name for Oracle ZFS arrays has been resolved.
- Windows SQL discovery support for NTLMv2 has been added.
- A change in how public address spaces for 18.104.22.168/2 are addressed for Juniper switches has been implemented.
- An issue in which the hostname for Ricoh MP C4504ex printers was sometimes not returned correctly has been resolved.
- Windows autodiscovery jobs that use Service Account Credentials now correctly return Resource Utilization data.